Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tag: Burn, Rewrite, or Reread?

My friend Debby from Snuggly Oranges tagged me to do a Burn, Rewrite or Reread thing and obviously I'm more than happy to play ;)

The rules: randomly pick three books you’ve read, and then decide which you would burn, rewrite or reread. Sorta like Kiss, Marry, Kill, only with books. I used a random number generator and my Goodreads shelf.

So let's do this :)

Round One



Burn: Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper: This book just fell really, REALLY flat for me. I love books about witches and I just couldn't get excited about reading it and it was just a huge dud for me.

Reread: Love In the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez: I thought this book was amazing and I'm slightly ashamed that I still haven't read any of the author's other books yet. This turned out to be one of my 'beach reads', somehow Summer is the perfect season for me to tackle big books.

Rewrite: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis: it's actually a bit painful for me to have to pick rewrite for this one, because I did very much enjoy the whole series, but this one just was a little less magical for me as some of the other books in the series.

Round Two



Burn: The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno: I didn't actually think this book was bad, it didn't blow me away, and it could have been better, but it's mostly my love for the other two that makes me pick burn for this one.

Reread: Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett: THIS BOOK! You guys, this book came out in December of 2011 and there really hasn't been enough buzz about it! I totally loved it, it's amazing! There are real issues and character growth and THE BOY! The boy is everything.

Rewrite: The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen: it is actually painful to pick rewrite for The Rogue Pirate's Bride, cause I loved this book as well, but I loved Geek Girl more, and I had to choose and OMG THIS IS SO HARD. But this is an amazing historical romance featuring a PIRATE. And I totally have a thing for pirate's, so...

Round Three



Reread: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: SO MUCH LOVE for this book!! I just cannot with my love for Aria and Perry and Roar and I should really reread this cause it's been AGES and I still have to read the other two books in the series...

Burn: Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepard: this book was a huge disappointment after I really enjoyed The Madman's Daughter and if the first book had been like this, I probably would have stopped reading right there. I am glad I stuck with it though, cause A Cold Legacy was much better and sort of redeemed the blahness of this one.

Rewrite: Prophecy by Ellen Oh: No matter what my opinion on the other two books in this series, I did enjoy this first book. But I do very much feel that there was all this potential to be completely awesome that it didn't quite live up to. But come on, a non-European based fantasy with DRAGONS, I would read that any day, I just wish the execution had been a little better, especially in book 2 and 3.




So Round 2 was painful... But it has made me all excited to maybe go and actually start rereading some books :)

I tag:

And of course YOU

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy glad you did this!

    TOTALLY agree, burn on Salt & Storm. So boringgggggggggg.

    I would probably rewrite Under the Never Sky a little - because I lost steam with the ship. I liked it so much in the build up, but when they got together they were just a bit too sappy for me. So I think I would want to tweak that. I do need to read the rest of the series though - ooops.

    I don't understand you. Prophecy would be forever burnt in my world. *stares*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hate Prophecy though ;) It could have been better and I'd want someone to rewrite it so the series as a whole doesn't suck because I think it could have been really awesome if the execution hadn't disappointed so much.

      Delete