Sunday, May 26, 2013

Daisy Update (42) and Book Haul! (14)

Hi guys!

So basically, this week I spent a whole lot of time doing gloriously nothing :D

Sound exciting? No? It kinda was though :) I cooked, I read, I slept, I spent quality time with the boyfriend, watched more episodes of Pretty Little Liars, it was AWESOME!

On Thursday I had an information day for my residency starting in September and we had a sort of speeddate with the GPs we could be interning with for a whole year, so I was kinda nervous about that and afterwards I was just so TIRED. But the good kind of tired :)

Yesterday I went out for a high tea with some of my friends from high school and we ate yummy food and drank gallons of tea and generally had a good time. After that I visited my parents and got them to hand over one of their dogs for the week, so I now have a reading buddy :) This also forces me to leave the house a couple of times a day, which is a good thing, cause I get lazy.

And that's pretty much it. Do you know how much I love how uneventful this week has been? :D MORE OF THIS IN THE COMING WEEK!

Book Haul

It's been a while since I did a Book Haul here, if I'd want to recap everything since the last time, it'd take way too long, so I'm just gonna list what I got my hands on over the last two weeks:


Egalleys for review:
-Asylum by Madeleine Roux: it sounds SO CREEPY! :D
-The Angel Stone by Juliet Dark: I really enjoyed the first book in this series and am excited to get to the sequels.
-All Our Yesterday by Cristin Terrill: this just sounds SO GOOD! And something that the boyfriend could read as well :)
-Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein: ALL THE EXCITEMENT! I loved Code Name Verity SO MUCH!
-The Rules of You and Me by Shana Norris: sounds like the perfect summer read to me :)
-Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts: what would YOU do if you only had a couple of days left to live, together with the rest of the world?
-I Married the Duke by Katharine Ashe: I love Katharine Ashe's historical romance and this one has a 'dashing sea captain' in it! Which is almost as good as a (gentleman) pirate! :D
-The Trouble With Being A Duke by Sophie Barnes: they meet at a MASQUED BALL! YES I WILL READ THIS!
-The Ruin of a Rogue by Miranda Neville: unexpected love and deceit and all of these good things :)
-Invisible by Marni Bates: I've heard many good things about Awkward and this just sounds really cute!
-Resist by Sarah Crossan: ok, so I haven't read Breathe yet, but I'm dying to! And then I can just continue with this! :D
-Confessions of Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey: this series is amazing and I'm probably gonna cry at this final book, cause we all know what happens to Marie Antoinette...

Not pictured: One Doctor by Brendan Reilly


Bought:
-Inferno by Dan Brown: it was a total bargain and I couldn't resist the shiny cover!
-The Heiresses by Allison Rushby: about triplet in 1926 London. Need I really say more?
-Impossible by Nancy Werlin: a modern day fairytale about a family curse, COUNT ME IN.
-Beauty by Nancy Ohlin: set in a boarding school in a fantasy world. Seriously, why would I NOT read this?
-Oath Bound by Rachel Vincent: I own the whole series and have read none of the books, but I'm sure they will be awesome!
-Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins: yes, I do still need to read the first book... But the covers are so pretty!
-A Farewell to Charms by Lindsey Leavitt: LOVE THIS SERIES! Can't wait to finally read this last book!
-If I Should Die by Amy Plum: very much loved Die For Me and I really need to get on with the series!
-The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller: it looks ADORABLE!

Leave me a link and I'll be sure to check out your haul!

1 comment:

  1. Your week of doing nothing sounds heavenly! I totally get just wanting to stay home and not really do much.

    And awwwww, I'm glad you have a reading buddy to cuddle with for the week! You'll have to post some cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete