Sunday, October 14, 2012

Read-a-Thon Update 2

Hi guys!

Still hanging in there? I've been doing much better the past couple of hours. I think it mostly had to do with the book I was reading and it just sucking me in, LOVED IT!

My progress:

Pages read total: 458
Books finished: 2

Distracted by: staying hydrated and because of that frequently having to take a bathroom break. And picking the boyfriend up from the train station, yay he's home again :)

I've finished Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and you guys, it was SO INSANELY GOOD! I needed to get used to the writing at first, but it was just so stunning! I wanted to read as fast as I could to find out what would happen next and savor it because the writing was just beautiful!

I'm off to bed to read from there and maybe catch some sleep as I do have some social obligations tomorrow.

Be back in a couple of hours!

And I'll leave you with a cute puppy:


EDIT:

Mid-Event Survey

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
A bit, but not so much, just really wanting to go to bed and be all warm and snuggled up :)
2) What have you finished reading?
I've finished Much Ado About Magic by Shanna Swendson and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
3) What is your favorite read so far?
Shatter Me, I have no words for how much I loved that book!
4) What about your favorite snacks?
I haven't been snacking much, I need to get on this when I return from the bed.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
I have! I've visited the people who were nice enough to leave me a comment (I'm not up to date on this, will catch up when I manage to drag myself away from the bed again.

5 comments:

  1. Dang, you've read SO much more than I have in the same amount of time, I'm jealous! Have fun all snuggled up in bed with your book, I can't imagine a more comfortable place to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the loo breaks...next year's top tips are going to include do not drink too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy you're doing great!! You've read so much!! :) :) You rock ;) Enjoy the readathon! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading/cheering from bed too. I think it is the appropriate place for the readathon. :)
    Enjoy the rest of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy!!
    You're going strong!
    I'm trying to finish two books this weekend as in an un-official read-a-thon.

    Endlessly and Rainshadow Road. If I can I'll try to tackle two more (review books Meant to Be and Naturally Charlie - I just wanna be done with my review pile).

    Good luck! and I love the puppy picture :D

    ReplyDelete