Sunday, March 18, 2012

Daisy Update (7)

HI! I can't believe it's been almost a full month since my last real Update! I mean, sure, I did my happy post last week, but still...

ANYWAY, enough of my 'I'm getting old, my, how the time does fly' and let's get on with what I desperately want to show you guys:



It's the dress I bought last week to wear to my graduation!!! :D I am very much in love with it and feel really pretty wearing it :) Originally it hung in the living room so I could stare at it all day, but well, that sorta wasn't very convenient, so I have relocated it to a safer place: hanging on the outside of my closet. Now I just visit it several times a day and sigh :)
I got a jacket to go with it, cause I don't know what kind of weather it'll be then and the room we always have the graduation ceremony in is really cold most of the time.
Now all I need are shoes to go with the dress... YAY ANOTHER SHOPPING TRIP!! :D

Also: I cannot believe how much money I spent while shopping for this dress!! Seriously, I went to a store I don't normally go to cause the price tags scare the crap out of me, but here I was buying one dress for graduation and then buying another simply because it was pretty and it begged me to let it come home with me... I have no self control... But it's a little black dress, so I'll be able to wear if often :)

Also: Only 2 more weeks and then I'm done interning!! I cannot believe it myself and it feels really weird, but only 10 more days of actual interning and then I can graduate! It's unreal. I'm sure it will keep being unreal until I actually get my hands on that diploma and maybe even then.

I had a lot of fun last week spending time with my friends, both from college and the ones I've known since high school. We shopped, ate lots of delicious food and just caught up what's happening in our lives. I loved it!

And then this week I finally caught the cold my boyfriend has been spreading around for the last week or two and felt miserable even though I know I wasn't really all that sick. I just couldn't stay awake past 9 PM and felt like a little old lady ;) But I think I've sort of conquered it now :)

We went over to some friends last night and played this really fun game called Cliché, basically you have categories like 'What do men think they're better at than women' and 'Movies guys watch because women make them' and other stuff like that and you had to write down 5 things in the category and then compare your answers. You got points based on if you had answers in common with the others, so you had to try and pick the cliches everyone puts down.

Next weekend will have me working my old job one last time at the local supermarket I worked at while I was in high school. They've won some sort of prize and all the employees are going on a trip to Disneyland and the owner asked ex-employees to fill in. Should be fun :) And we get a dinner afterwards, which is very nice!

Bookish news: my orders and pre-orders have been slowly making their way to my mailbox and the shelves I got not even that long ago are starting to fill up... But I still have 2/3 of it left to fill up! Which is good since I expect some serious celebratory book buying going on two weeks from now ;)

And then this is the moment when I realise it's been a whole month since my last 5 star read...
You guys, something is seriously not going as planned with my reading! I need something to blow me away SOON! Any recommendations? Pretty please?

I hope you're all having a relaxing Sunday and a great week! Oh, and don't forget to join in on Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish this Tuesday! I'll be featured and it's all about the books you're wanting to read this spring! Speaking of, I'm off to write my post for it ;)

5 comments:

  1. First, that dress is SO SO PRETTY!!!! How lovely :-)

    YAY for you almost being done with your internship and graduating soon, that's so exciting! I'm sorry you've been sick though, that stinks. Also Cliche sounds like a lot of fun :-) I love board games like that.

    Oh, and that romance I mentioned before I just finished. It was "The Tattooed Duke" by Maya Rodale. It was really, really good. I'm going to have the review of it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. It might not quite be a 5-star read, but it was quick and really enjoyable.

    Hope you have another great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D
      I'm pretty picky about my board games, but I really liked this one! :)
      Ooh, I'm going to have to check your review out! Quick and enjoyable sounds good to me :)

      Delete
  2. That dress is really pretty!! I'm glad you found one that you love for such a special day!
    YAY for graduating, :)
    I need to shop for some more books - pre order a few, mostly -and I'm so happy because I've managed to put away some money for it!

    I'm sorry you haven't gotten any 5 Stars reads in a while, I hate when that happens :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      YAY BOOK SHOPPING!! :D Let me know what you're getting! :)

      Delete
  3. Your graduation dress is so pretty! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete